PLEASE NOTE: SUBMISSIONS FOR THE MUDDY MARY PROJECT’S 2015 FESTIVAL ARE NOW CLOSED. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SUBMITTED AND SUPPORTED. YOUR FULL OCTOBER 2015 SHOW LINEUP WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER THIS MONTH! STAY TUNED!
The Muddy Mary Project is looking for eager and creative emerging theatre artists who have a passion for ensemble-run and original work. Acceptance into the festival will provide you with creative guidelines and dramaturgical support, as well as a platform to perform.
We’re looking for ONE one act plays (approx. 45 minutes in length) to run in conjunction with our own creation, Finding Temperance (which you can find out more about on the main page of this website).
*Deadline for submissions is June 1, 2015 ( Right-click to download PDF submission form )
Here’s what you should know before applying:
- The Muddy Mary Project is a festival for emerging artists and supports stories that might otherwise be overlooked. Both the theme and location of the festival change annually. The October 2015 series will take place in Toronto, ON and feature the stories of women past, present or fictional
- We are seeking original work only
- It is completely free to submit & you may submit as many times as you’d like. However, you must apply separately for each submission (in other words, if you are submitting 3 plays, 3 separate submission packages are required)
- Each submission package should include:
– the downloaded and filled out application form (found above)
– a (brief) biography of anyone involved in your show
– a (brief) synopsis of your piece
– a (brief) statement detailing why you think you’re a good fit for this project
– your entire script (if it is rough or in the beginning stages that’s no problem, just be sure to let us know)
- You must indicate on your application form if you are applying as an individual playwright or as a collective, as well as whether or not you require actors, a stage manager, a director, etc.
- If accepted into the festival, a non-refundable fee of $250 is compulsory. If you are applying as a collective, $250 is the fee for your group as a whole. This money goes directly towards the project venue.
- Rehearsal times, locations & schedules are completely up to you/your responsibility, HOWEVER: upon acceptance into the festival, you must be available for an initial get-together, 2 progress meetings with us prior to the performance (meeting dates & times to be determined upon acceptance), as well as tech-dress (October 22nd, 2015) & the entire performance weekend (October 23rd, 24th, 25th, 2015).
- Once accepted into the festival you will have regular and open access to us and each other – your support network.
- In agreeing to be a part of The Muddy Mary Project, you are agreeing to become part of a team. This is a chance to network and contribute to a system of support. It’s the opportunity to become familiar with and promote not only your own work, but the work of fellow artists with similar visions.
- Each show will receive three performances over the course of the weekend, and ALL cumulative profit will be split evenly between the the two shows.
- You are only allowed to be in this festival if you like to have TONS of fun and tell BOAT LOADS of stories and listen to REALLY cool music and make new friends. And eat ice cream. Otherwise, get out.
- Just kidding. Please don’t get out, please apply to The Muddy Mary Project by submitting your entire package (all attachments in PDF format and labeled with your last name) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!!!